Wednesday, December 04, 2013

that time I went to Germany


Our week in Germany was a freezing cold blur for me, but a really really great one. One of those blink-and-you-missed-it trips. Also, jet lag. Wowzas. 

Also, Christmas markets in quaint German towns remind you of all that's good in the world. (Which was necessary after emerging from one of the most fascinating but sort of depressing museums I've ever been to in Nuremberg.)

ALSO it's the most wonderful time of the year. I hope to return soon with a few musings from our trip ... including things I learned from touring a castle that's been standing since 1206. I mean, YEAR TWELVE HUNDRED. It had interior windows that were built and installed in the sixteenth century. That seriously blows my mind; those windows have survived all those years. And might I add, they were (are?) made out of the bottom of wine bottles. Don't mess with a good wine bottle, y'all. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh I LOVE the small town christmas markets...so glad you got to experience them!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete